For More Information Call: (972) 847-0772
Medicare Advantage Plans
- Private Insurance Companies, contracted with Medicare, offer Medicare Advantage Plans
- Plans are required to cover everything Original Medicare A&B covers
- Medicare Advantage plans do not replace Medicare, they administer the benefits
- Many plans offer additional benefits not covered by Original Medicare
- This may include: routine vision exams, routine hearings exams, preventive dental, gym benefits, etc.
- To be eligible to join Medicare Advantage you must:
- Have Medicare Parts A & B
- Live in the plan’s service are
- Special enrollment applies to ESRD patients (ESRD – permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant)
To learn more click HERE to visit the Better Medicare Alliance Open Enrollment Handbook.
Medicare Enrollment Periods
- Initial Enrollment Period (IEP)
- The 3 months prior to, month of and 3 months following your 65th birthday
- Open Enrollment Period (OEP)
- 10/15 to 12/07 for a 1/1 effective date
- Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period (MADP)
- 1/1 to 2/14 to change from a Part C Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare and Part D Rx Drug Plan
- Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
- Move to a new service area or lose employer group coverage
USMD Participates in these Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
- Medicare: 1.800.MEDICARE or www.Medicare.gov
- Contact for questions regarding any aspect of Medicare
- TTY/TDD designated line 1.877.486.2048
- Social Security: 1.800.772.1213 or www.ssa.gov
- Contact for assistance enrolling into Medicare, delaying Medicare benefits due to continued employment and related questions
- Contact regarding Limited/Low Income Subsidy (LIS) to see if you may qualify for additional help with prescription drug costs
- Golden Outlook: 1.888.265.4612 or www.goldenoutlook.com
- Contact for questions regarding the health plan that works best for you if you are a Medicare beneficiary.
- Golden Outlook Insurance Services (license #OE97515) is a licensed insurance agency that works with Medicare enrollees to explain Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement Insurance and Prescription Drug Plan options.